A collection of images of classic Morris cars, and cars that are likely to become classics, taken at numerous visits to car shows, motoring museums, motoring events and on the road when the opportunity arises.

Morris Motors Limited was a British privately owned motor vehicle manufacturing company formed in 1919 to take over the assets of William Morris's WRM Motors Limited and continue production of the same vehicles. By 1926 its production represented 42 per cent of British car manufacture — a remarkable expansion rate attributed to William Morris's practice of buying in major as well as minor components and assembling them in his own factory. Largely self-financed through his enormous profits, Morris did borrow some money from the public in 1926, and later shared some of Morris Motors' ownership with the public in 1936. The new capital was then used by Morris Motors to buy many of his other privately held businesses.
Though it merged into larger organisations in 1952, the Morris name remained in use until 1984, when British Leyland's Austin Rover Group decided to concentrate on the more popular Austin brand as well as expanding the more upmarket Rover brand.
1930

Vehicle first registered on 20th November 1930.
847cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
The Morris Minor is a small 4-seater car with an 850cc overhead cam engine. The new Morris engine was designed by Wolseley, by this time personally owned by William Morris. It was largely a new design but following a conventional Wolseley SOHC front camshaft drive concept if much smaller than any existing Wolseley unit. The overhead camshaft was driven by a vertical spiral bevel geared shaft that passed through the dynamo carrying the armature. A single SU carburettor was fitted and coil ignition used. The engine produced 20bhp (15kW) at 4000rpm allowing a top speed of 55mph (88km/h). The electrical system was 6 volt.
The chassis built of channel-section steel has cable-operated four-wheel brakes and it rides on half-elliptical springs. the 27-inch wire wheels take tyres of 4.00-inch section. The car is to be complete with all accessories including an engine starter. The central brake lever works a transmission brake at the back of the gearbox. The bucket-type front seats are adjustable, the passenger's side folds and tips.
Equipment includes:- automatic screen wiper - suction operated, driving mirror, shock-absorbers at both back and front, full width bumpers at each end, safety glass by Triplex was available at extra cost, petrol gauge, electric horn and speedometer.
At first the only body types offered were a 2-door fabric bodied saloon and a four-seater tourer, but during production up to a dozen different body styles were used. A big part of their success was that they were full-sized cars in miniature. The accommodation in the 2-door cars was describer as "chummy" because of the unavoidable personal contact in the confined space.

Vehicle first registered on 20th November 1930.
847cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
The Morris Minor is a small 4-seater car with an 850cc overhead cam engine. The new Morris engine was designed by Wolseley, by this time personally owned by William Morris. It was largely a new design but following a conventional Wolseley SOHC front camshaft drive concept if much smaller than any existing Wolseley unit. The overhead camshaft was driven by a vertical spiral bevel geared shaft that passed through the dynamo carrying the armature. A single SU carburettor was fitted and coil ignition used. The engine produced 20bhp (15kW) at 4000rpm allowing a top speed of 55mph (88km/h). The electrical system was 6 volt.
The chassis built of channel-section steel has cable-operated four-wheel brakes and it rides on half-elliptical springs. the 27-inch wire wheels take tyres of 4.00-inch section. The car is to be complete with all accessories including an engine starter. The central brake lever works a transmission brake at the back of the gearbox. The bucket-type front seats are adjustable, the passenger's side folds and tips.
Equipment includes:- automatic screen wiper - suction operated, driving mirror, shock-absorbers at both back and front, full width bumpers at each end, safety glass by Triplex was available at extra cost, petrol gauge, electric horn and speedometer.
At first the only body types offered were a 2-door fabric bodied saloon and a four-seater tourer, but during production up to a dozen different body styles were used. A big part of their success was that they were full-sized cars in miniature. The accommodation in the 2-door cars was describer as "chummy" because of the unavoidable personal contact in the confined space.

Vehicle first registered on 17th December 1931.
1465cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
The last Bullnose Morris was made in 1926 but its successor, called the Flatnose, retained many of its features including the famous 11.9hp engine. The 13.9hp Oxford ceased production in 1929. The Cowley continued through to 1934 and the short liver Twelve-Four model, produced only in 1935, was in reality a Cowley by another name. There was also a Cowley-Six, which was a six-cylinder engine in what was basically the Cowley chassis.
In 1932, the Cowley underwent a major re-design; this particular car is a very early 1932 model. Important innovations included a rear mounted petrol tank, hydraulic brakes and Magna-type wire wheels.
The body and radiator design were also new. Although no longer reaching the 50,000 sales per year of the Cowley's heyday, output for the 1932 model was still a respectable 25,000, making it the best selling Morris model of that year.
The Cowley is typical of the kind of cars that were still running on Britain's roads during the war years.
Engine: 4cyl. 1548cc. Top speed: 58mph (93km/h). Power: 30bhp. Coachwork: four door saloon. Price new: £185. Registration mark: GW 3793.

Vehicle first registered on 17th December 1931.
1465cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
The last Bullnose Morris was made in 1926 but its successor, called the Flatnose, retained many of its features including the famous 11.9hp engine. The 13.9hp Oxford ceased production in 1929. The Cowley continued through to 1934 and the short liver Twelve-Four model, produced only in 1935, was in reality a Cowley by another name. There was also a Cowley-Six, which was a six-cylinder engine in what was basically the Cowley chassis.
In 1932, the Cowley underwent a major re-design; this particular car is a very early 1932 model. Important innovations included a rear mounted petrol tank, hydraulic brakes and Magna-type wire wheels.
The body and radiator design were also new. Although no longer reaching the 50,000 sales per year of the Cowley's heyday, output for the 1932 model was still a respectable 25,000, making it the best selling Morris model of that year.
The Cowley is typical of the kind of cars that were still running on Britain's roads during the war years.
Engine: 4cyl. 1548cc. Top speed: 58mph (93km/h). Power: 30bhp. Coachwork: four door saloon. Price new: £185. Registration mark: GW 3793.

Vehicle first registered on 25th May 1936.
885cc petrol engine.

Vehicle first registered on 25th May 1938.
918cc petrol engine.

Vehicle first registered on 25th May 1938.
918cc petrol engine.

Vehicle first registered on 25th May 1938.
918cc petrol engine.

Vehicle first registered on 23rd November 1938 .
3485cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
Whilst the sales notice for the Series III Morris 25 can be dated to August 1937 it is not clear when production commenced. This car was constructed in 1938 and the owner believes it to be the only road going one of its type. At 3485cc and with an overhead valve arrangement it was the largest and most powerful of the pre-war Morrises. Sadly it was not of its time and production ceased in 1939 when the great unpleasantness broke out. Auto historians like to surmise that the strong chassis and engine were diverted into military applications but no evidence appears forthcoming.
This car probably spent its early life as a chauffeur driven conveyance for middle management, the more refined Wolseley variant being reserved for higher echelons. After the war it would seem that Stanley settle into a comfortable middle class environment and the earliest picture available as shown on this display was taken whilst in the ownership of a Cambridge academic at which stage he was still carrying his original registration number of SS 5164. The 90s seems to have been a period during which Stanley was wrenched out of his comfortable existence and thrust into the world of weddings. A change of colour, identity and the addition of whitewall tyres together with chrome trim subjected him to a deluge of confetti and perhaps the odd tin can trail.

Vehicle first registered on 23rd November 1938 .
3485cc petrol engine.
The notice displayed with the vehicle states:
Whilst the sales notice for the Series III Morris 25 can be dated to August 1937 it is not clear when production commenced. This car was constructed in 1938 and the owner believes it to be the only road going one of its type. At 3485cc and with an overhead valve arrangement it was the largest and most powerful of the pre-war Morrises. Sadly it was not of its time and production ceased in 1939 when the great unpleasantness broke out. Auto historians like to surmise that the strong chassis and engine were diverted into military applications but no evidence appears forthcoming.
This car probably spent its early life as a chauffeur driven conveyance for middle management, the more refined Wolseley variant being reserved for higher echelons. After the war it would seem that Stanley settle into a comfortable middle class environment and the earliest picture available as shown on this display was taken whilst in the ownership of a Cambridge academic at which stage he was still carrying his original registration number of SS 5164. The 90s seems to have been a period during which Stanley was wrenched out of his comfortable existence and thrust into the world of weddings. A change of colour, identity and the addition of whitewall tyres together with chrome trim subjected him to a deluge of confetti and perhaps the odd tin can trail.
1940

DVLA records show the vehicle to be registered on 1st August 1980.
918cc petrol engine.

DVLA records show the vehicle to be registered on 1st August 1980.
918cc petrol engine.